Dream LIBRE Youth Essay Contest
NEVADA STATE COLLEGE (NSC)
An Explanation and Guide
Name:Dream LIBRE Essay Contest
Entries Accepted: Thursday, August16, 2012 – Sunday, September16, 2012
Winners Announced: Monday, October 1, 2012
TOPIC:“Why are free markets important to achieve the American Dream?”
We want to hear from you!
The LIBRE Initiative is providing Nevada State College (NSC) students the opportunity to put in essay form the benefits of free markets for a chance to win a $1000 scholarship and NSC will match that to make it $2,000! Eight entries will win.
In a free market system, opportunities aren’t limited by who you are or where your family comes from. You’re only limited by your imagination! Economic freedom empowers families to decide what is best for them instead of allowing the government to control their lives.
Contest Guidelines and Rules Highlights:
Please submit your essays to firstname.lastname@example.org and with the Subject "NSC Essay Contest."
- All entrants must accept and comply with the Rules. Any discrepancy between the Rules. and these Guidelines will be resolved in favor of the Rules. You will submit a release form.
- The essay must answer the question in the Topic.
- All Entrants must be enrolled full or part-time students of Nevada State College.
- Only one essay submission per Entrant is allowed.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK AND CANNOT CONTAIN ANY COPYRIGHTED OR PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED MATERIALS. By submitting your essay, you are promising that you own all rights to all material in essay.
- Essays may be in English or Spanish.
- The essaymust not exceed 550 words or it will not be considered.
- Do not endorse/denounce any particular candidate or party.
- Essays containing inappropriate material such as vulgarity or foul language will not be considered.
- Relatives of employees, contractors and officials of the LIBRE Initiative are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The LIBRE Initiative reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud, or misconduct harm the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by the LIBRE Initiative, in its sole discretion.
- There will be eight winning essays.All decisions are within the discretion of the LIBRE Initiative judges and all decisions are final. Winners will be announced Monday, October 1, 2012.
By submitting your essay to the Live LIBRE Video Contest:
- You agree to all rules of this contest (Please READ the Rules here)
- You agree to submit the release form
- You are giving your essay to The LIBRE Initiative
- You understand that your essay may be edited, changed, copied, exhibited, published, or distributed without any additional compensation, and you waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation.